More Than a Hundred. More than a friend.

I saw this beautiful 100+ year old home in De Soto this week.  Just had to get a photo. More than one hundred years. That is twice the time I have been on this earth. My time seems so short, and I am nearing 60! (in a few years)  It is amazing to me that this wooden domicile is still so regal and stands looking over a tiny metropolis in our county. Think about it. What has this house "seen"? 100 years ago the streets were mud. No cable TV. No cell phones... uh, no phones at all way out here. "Tuner cars" were not around. Neither were computers, or the internet. However, sitting in my car and studying this gem from the exterior, it seemed in a way, smarter than all of this "new fangled" stuff. Solid. Stationary. That is the feeling that eminates from this Victorian. Love. I see love in the workmanship it took to construct the details. Gratitude. That is what I feel about the fact that the huge tornado that wrecked most of De Soto a few years back, didn't destroy this historical monument. It was difficult to drive away from this structure, sort of like leaving a good friend. Randy and I built many homes in 30 years...but none quite like this. I do appreciate nice architecture. I give thanks to the talented craftsmen who build.  Today I attended a funeral of a dear, long-time friend. He was just such a gentleman with this talent. One with a vision to see dirt/concrete/boards and end up with a home for someone to occupy beyond his years. Ron Moring, this post is for you: You made people laugh. Made them think. Sometimes made them mad. Made them homes. You always had a vision, and a project in mind. Your dreams will inspire folks for many years to come. As the minister said this morning: you have "graduated" and now are truly at Home. Love to all who love him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Course

Angel Wings

Savor the Memories