Sunset: a Special Gift.

 We had rain for the past few days, but just cloudy today. Some snow predicted for tomorrow. It’s winter so I don’t mind the snow ~ but I don’t like ice~ whew I’ve almost wiped out driving on icy roads... No thank you!

Even in winter, we get a stunning sunset every now and then. Sunsets like this have special meaning for me... my husband David would stop whatever he was doing and watch the entire sunset. When I asked him why sunsets were so very special he answered that he had worked in a factory, on the night shift for 20+ years and he only could see a sunset on the weekend. He was 58 at that time. We spent many evenings in lovely silence watching day become night. David passed away the following year. Ever since he’s been gone, I make a special effort to enjoy every sunset possible. I have hundreds of sunset photos... each one is unique, and a gift from our Creator. Start watching and enjoying sunset, it will calm your soul. 

Thank you David Fite. You were an artist and a dreamer.... and you were so right: each sunset is a special gift. 

Stay safe. Be blessed. And share a sunset with someone you love.  ♥️♥️♥️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Course

Angel Wings

Sparkplug at the park.