Be Aware.... Life can change.....


January 2015.....
We had our third set of "official" guests from Air B&B.  Two families, 4 adults, 4 kids.  Tom is using www.airbnb.com to register and find guests for the bed and breakfast at his lovely log home in Imperial, Missouri.  It is close to St. Louis area attractions, yet a quiet and peaceful 7 acres in the country.  20 minutes from most city "hot spots" of activity.

http://www.heavenlyoaks.com

Our guests all have had good things to say about Heavenly Oaks, Imperial, Missouri.  They love it and say they will return!  With "Air BnB  cooking breakfast is not usually provided by the hosts (Tom and I), however, Tom leaves some danish, fresh fruit, or some snacks for the guests. Maybe even home made jam if you're lucky!
                  FAST FORWARD>>>>>>>

well, today is March 5, 2020..... and we no longer have the B&B active.... in February 2017 Tom was
injured at work. Had back surgery, March 2017.... and that surgery left him with neuropathy and many other health issues, so the only option was to quit doing the B&B. Thank you to all of our guests, and many "return" guests. The B&B was an interesting endeavor !  And we made some wonderful friends through it.

Fast forward to 2019.... many health issues, including open heart surgery for Yours Truly!
yep, April 8, 2019 ~ I was blessed with a very skilled surgeon, Dr. James Scharff and his medical team, to bring me through the most serious surgery I have ever had.
     After Many prayers and a lot of therapy.... I am doing very well, and taking each day
One at a Time.
I'm continuing cardiac rehabilitation to add strength and endurance, which I lost during my illness
(which included Sepsis, Anemia and Endocarditis)

Every day I thank God for my blessings, and another day on this planet to tell the world:
                                                          God is Good!

I am doing some photography again, and also exploring my painting, pen drawings and photo restoration.
Take some advice:
be sure to enjoy each and every day, savor the time you have with family and friends, and never take a day for granted.... you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Hug someone, and tell them you love them.
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Course

Angel Wings

Sparkplug at the park.