Sunsets Capture My Fascination


    This sunset photo was taken in the middle of July.  The orange glow was awesome. I actually took a long way home (about 7 miles extra) in hopes to capture a good shot. I think this is a fairly good rendition of that gorgeous sunset.  I also love sunrise, but most times I either don't get up early enough, or have other things on my schedule and cannot take time to photograph many sunrises.  Maybe when I "retire" I will do that.

    I have always been fascinated by sunset and the quickly changing colors and cloud formations. While visiting other states it seems like they have prettier sunsets, but this past year we in Missouri have had some awesome sunset views.  I wish I lived on a river or lake, and could get reflected colors.  Occasionally I will be at a park with a lake, then if I am lucky, it'll be a colorful sky.

   I actually can feel the adrenaline pumping when I glimpse a beautiful array of setting sun color. It seems to warm my heart, and make the whole day, well, "whole" and complete.  I do hope you take the time to actually watch a setting sun and soak in the splendor.  Some days the sun just "goes down"... no big fanfare of colors.  When the clouds roll in just enough to heighten the sky excitement, usually the "artwork" is splendid.

   My advice is to take a half hour out of your day.  Sit in a cozy chair, or in your car, or on your bike, and let the true extraordinary event capture your mind, and sizzle your visual senses. You will be pleased, and somehow "satisfied" (healed).  

    Let me know if you are successful in capturing the true wonder and healing of sunset. Show me your photos, and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.


Luke 4: 40  At sunset, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Course

Angel Wings

Sparkplug at the park.